Born in every way
I am hated by your world
May I wake you up
Haiku By Mx. Anunnaki Ray Marquez
November 22, 2018,
Thanksgiving Day in the United States
Yes, I know the many shades of prejudice.
Here is my intersectionality:
- I feel like an alien to this world.
- I have a Marquez Castilian Spanish Father
- My mother grew up in poverty in the United States as German and Pennsylvania Dutch.
- My Ashkenazi Jewish Genes makes me and my cousin intersex.
- Born a 46XX an Intersex boy, but assigned female at birth in error.
- My form of intersex is one of the most commonly aborted!
- Labeled a Disorder of Sex Development and a medical condition.
- Later labeled a Transgender Man.
- My husband and I now look like two Gay Men.
- I am very Queer.
- Born a Zebra among Horses: Mitochondrial dysfunction & Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
- I have a Learning Difference, Memory issues, and Autism Spectrum Traits.
- I was misdiagnosed mentally ill but cleared by different psychiatrists as not having such a diagnosis.
- I am a recovered alcoholic and addict: My fired psychiatrist was my drug dealer. A new psychiatrist cleared my name of all the misdiagnosis.
- I can’t eat gluten and am truly carbohydrate intolerant.
- A parent to marginalized three children, since they have two fathers now and my husband is African American, Spanish, Pawnee, Irish, French, and German.
- I’m a Gestational Father too. I had six pregnancies and two live births.
- Adoptive same-gender parents.
- Received the first intersex birth certificate in Colorado proving my biological sex is intersex and not a disorder of sex development.