To learn a common language that we all should be using, when talking about inters variations, here is the The United Nations’ Intersex Fact Sheet.
United Nations Intersex Awareness; Free and Equal: Intersex babies are perfect just as they are: Please Sign Up With the United Nations If You Agree.
Here are links to Intersex Educational Videos:
- Gender Bound: Lessons From the World Between By Judi Herring, M.D.
- Between Genders: Exploring Intersex with Hida Viloria
- Not a Girl, Not a Boy – Intersex Documentary
- We Are Intersex Youth
- Pediatric Surgeon Mika Venhola on INTERSEX
- What it’s Like to be INTERSEX
- Intersexion on Vimeo
- Intersex persons’ human rights defenders; ilga
- Intersex Questions and Answers
- Alice Dreger: Why Have Intersex Rights Been So Hard to Secure in America?
- BORN BETWEEN The Nature of Intersex (20 Minute Promo)
- Interthoughts: Interview with Eden Atwood, Part 1
- Interthoughts: Interview with Eden Atwood Part 2
- Intersex: the I in LGBTI I The Feed
- WEST AND PROUD ‘Tony Briffa, vice president of Organization Intersex International Australia’
- Dr. Tiger Devore, PhD – The Interface Project
- Growing Up Intersex Part 1
- Life and Intersex: An Interview with Jim Bruce and Eden Atwood of the Interface Project
- Lets Talk About (Inter)Sex!
- Intersex: Disqualified For How I Was Born
- ORCHIDS ORCHIDS: MY INTERSEX ADVENTURE | Women Make Movies | Trailer
- Out as intersex & genderqueer in Gendernauts, ’99 groundbreaking doc with Hida Vilora
- Intersex 20/20 Part 1 of 2 (Hida Vilora) and Intersex 20/20 Part 2 of 2 (Genital Mutilation)
- A collection of videos from Hida Viloria: Hida Viloria.com/Videos
- Maya Posch on Living Intersex | River’s Diary
- Let’s Talk About: Klinefelter’s Syndrome, Intersex & Transgender
- Intersex: Disqualified For How I Was Born (The testimony of an XY Intersex women denied entry into the NAVY)
- Hida Viloria with Oprah Winfrey
- Tiger Devore with Oprah Winfrey
Videos that Directly Address Genital Mutilation, and Unecessary Cosmetic Genital Surgeries:
- Markus Bauer – Stop Intersex Genital Mutilation
- Tiger Devore, PhD. – Las Vegas, Nevada, USA – The Interface Project
- Tiger Devore with Oprah Winfrey
- Jim Ambrose – Oakland, California, USA The Interface Project His Video: Jim Ambrose: The Interface Project
- Intersex Children: Waiting to Decide on Sex Surgery?
- Genital Mutilation: America’s double standards
- Intersex Protest Forced Genital Surgery
- XXXY (2000)
- Intersex True-Hermaphrodite (Survivor)
- INTERSEX STORIES: Alex & Mugsie.wmv
- Memories of an intersex kid: the medical exam table
- Why Have Intersex Rights Been So Hard to Secure in America?
- Surgical Abuse of Intersex Child
- Dana interviews Mo Cortez about living life as an intersex man.
The Blogs and the Websites of Others:
- AIS-DSD Blog Site
- Alex Antaras: I’m Intersex! Here is what that means.
- Lianne Simon and her Blog.
- Blog: Lynnell Stephani Long On Being Intersex
- Blog: Jim Ambrose: Impossible Hermaphrodites: Jim Ambrose
- Hida Viloria: Website: Hida Viloria Intersex Writer and Activist
- Hida Viloria: Tumblr Blog: Intersex and Out
- Tiger Devore, Ph.D.
- Blog: BRUJULA Intersexual (Spanish)
- Blog: Beyond Binary: Transgender, Intersex & Cross Cultural Experience
- Cary Costello, Ph.D.; Blog: Intersex Roadshow ; Blog Trans Fusion , and Transgender Today Cary’s Quote: “Intersex people are supposed to lie low and keep quiet. Not me. I’m not defective, I’m not disordered, I’m not ashamed. I just don’t fit in your M/F boxes. I’m intersex by birth and honest by choice.”
- Blog: Actually Intersex
- Blog: XY Suz
- Zoe Brain; Blog: Notes from the T Side
- Intersex Day and their Facebook Page: Intersex Awareness Day
- Blog: Intersex: Born This Way | When Sex and Gender Don’t Interact
- Blog: Intersex James: The life & times of one born between sexes
- Blog: The Houston Intersex Society
- Blog: Alex Antaras: I’m Intersex! Here’s what that means.
Authors of Books and Autobiographies about Intersex:
- By Megan K. DeFranza; Christian Theologian Sex Difference in Christian Theology: Male, Female, and Intersex in the Image of God
- By Hida Viloria Born Both: An Intersex Life
- “Confessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite” and “A Proper Young Lady”: By Lianne Simon
- Book Writer; Yuri Futanari: Author of Fictional Intersex Stories (and an intersex person themselves).
- Book Writer; Colin Geer: Last Weekend (About a woman with CIAS Intersex).
- By Wilma Swartz Two Different Worlds I’ve Lived In: The True Story of Being Intersex
- What we wish our parents knew; By InterACT Youth
- NGO Report: Intersex Genital Mutilations Human Rights Violations
- Five Myths that Hurt Intersex People By Cary G. Costello Ph.D.
- FALLING IN BETWEEN: INSIDE THE LIVES OF INTERSEX WOMEN What happens when you’re born with the genes of one gender and the body of the other — or somewhere in the middle? It’s complicated.
- Understanding the “I”, in LGBTI By Azmina Dhrodia, Researcher/Adviser Gender, Gender, Sexuality and Identity
- 7 Ways Adding ‘I’ to the LGBTQA+ Acronym Can Miss the Point June 29, 2016 by Pidgeon Pagonis
- Intersex Stories and Statistics From Australia
- Evidence regarding cosmetic and medically unnecessary surgery on infants
- A Conspiracy of Deceit: Alice Dreger, ISNA, the invention of DSD and Dix Poppas of Cornell who cuts up intersex babies’ clitorises
- German proposals for a “third gender” on birth certificates miss the mark By Morgan on 20 August 2013
- Third International Intersex Forum 2013
- The Marks On Our Bodies
- Statement by Leslie Jaye, OII-UK 5 November 2015 Leslie Jaye of OII-UK made this personal relection for Intersex Awareness Day, 2015.
- Tony Briffa speaks at the Darwin Outgames Human Rights Forum
- Intersex Bodies and the Society That Shapes Them By Morgan Carpenter
- What does it mean to be young and intersex today? TextDominique Sisley IllustrationPenny Chan
- Op-ed: Intersex, the Final Coming-Out Frontier By Hida Viloria
- We’re Here, We’re Herms, Get Used to It! By Hida Viloria
- At 12 I grew a beard and had a period. By Alec Butler and Mi vida como intersexual: “A los 12 años tenía barba y la menstruación”
- Manufacturing Comfort By Jim Ambrose
- Being Intersex — More Than a Diagnosis By Catherine Graffam
Note: If a blog, video or article is not included here, and you want it to be, please contact me! Thank you.