Seven simple things you can do to become an Intersex Ally and a Messenger:
- Print these 2 PDF’s out, and hand it out to people: The United Nation’s Intersex Fact Sheet 2016 and Brief Guidelines for Intersex Allies
- Include “Intersex” in your Human Rights Efforts. When you say “LGBT please add the “I” now. Say LGBTQI+ or even say LGBTQIA+. This gives you the opportunity to explain why: That there are millions of intersex infants being surgically and medically violated, and sometimes a few of us may even appear, queer, transgender, gay, lesbian, or asexual, in this world. Here is another important link: How to Add the “I” Responsibly to LGBT+
- Tell Others there is Help and Support out there: World Wide List of Advocacy Organizations.
- Share the stories of intersex people: Intersex Educational Videos, Blogs and Articles
- “Like” the public Facebook pages of all us advocates and activists.
- Give voice to those innocent babies who have no voice. We are as common as redheads at 1.7% of the population.
- Change the way you talk about us: We are born with various INTERSEX BODILY VARIATIONS. Please do not say “condition”, “disorder”, or “syndrome” anymore.
- Share My Daily Message, and Intersex Education from my website, Facebook, and Twitter.
What you share to this world will make the difference in the life of a baby born this way. Everytime language is wrong, I believe another intersex child could be violated.
You can hire me to come to educate your organization, or even train you one on one: Speaking & Educational Services
Follow me on social media:
I also help administrate on Facebook:
My e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can help create a world that stops surgically mutilating the genitals of intersex children and allows the self-determination of gender.
The Intersex Flag
To see the other flags and definitions go to: